$43,000.00 a year raise for the County Administrator?! Please let your County Supervisor know where you stand.
How would you like a $43,000.00 raise? The dollar amount alone could pay for an entry level firefighter.
You also must factor in that the County Supervisors will be proposing an increase in the County Sales Tax on the June 2016 ballot.
This is on tomorrow’s Supervisor agenda.
Please call your supervisor and let them know how you feel.
BEFORE THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS OF THE COUNTY OF MADERA STATE OF CALIFORNIA
In the Matter of
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS AND COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
) ) ) ) ) ) )
Resolution No.: 2015 –
A RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING A SALARY ADJUSTMENT BASED ON RANGE CHANGE AND FUTURE PERFORMANCE FOR ERIC FLEMING, COUNTY ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
WHEREAS, retaining and recruiting executive level talent to the position of County Administrative Officer is important to the Board, and is in the best interest of maintaining the efficient operation of the County and the services offered by the County.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT HEREBY RESOLVED by the Board of Supervisors of the County of Madera, that:
1. Effective October 1, 2015, the Salary Range for the position of County Administrative Officer shall be amended from Range 453 to Range 485; and
2. Consistent with the above-referenced amendment and effective date, the salary for County Administrative Officer Eric Fleming shall be increased from $182,714.70 annually (Salary Range 453, Step EL10, DHB2 0115) to $214,332.24 annually (Salary Range 485, Step EL10, DHB2 0115), and shall include the normal employment benefits, including all Cost of Living Adjustments, afforded to an appointed Department Head for the County of Madera.
3. Resolution No. 2015-004 approved by the Board on January 6, 2015 authorized the Board to consider an increase to Salary Range 453, EL Step 15 in January 2016. Resolution No. 2015-004 is hereby superseded by this Resolution insofar as the CAO Range has increased from 453 to 485, and also the Board approves an increase to EL Step 15 for CAO Fleming, to be effective in January 2016, contingent upon a positive performance evaluation for the 2015 Calendar Year, without the need for presentation and approval of a separate resolution in January 2016..
4. The Board of Supervisors hereby authorizes and approves a salary increase to the EL20 Step of Salary Range 485, effective in January 2017, contingent upon a positive performance evaluation for the 2016 Calendar Year, without the need for presentation and approval of a separate resolution in January 2017.
5. The Board of Supervisors, Auditor-Controller and the Human Resources/Operations Division of County Administration are authorized and directed to carry out the terms and conditions of this Resolution.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
The foregoing Resolution was adopted this ____ day of ___________________,
2015, by the following vote:
Supervisor Frazier voted: _____
Supervisor Rogers voted: _____
Supervisor Farinelli voted: _____
Supervisor Rodriguez voted: _____
Supervisor Wheeler voted: _____
__________________________ Chairman, Board of Supervisors ATTEST:
____________________________ Clerk, Board of Supervisors
Approved as to Legal Form: COUNTY COUNSEL